It's really about to be a new year, new season, new chapter and all that Woodstock-esque, "To every season, turn, turn..." vibe in a few more weeks.
Things have happened since I used to blog regularly.
- I applied to about 11 million doctoral programs in psychology, but really only finished about 4 of them, because I didn't want the people writing my recommendation letters to fall off the face of the earth.
- I still stand on the fence about entering the one school I've wanted to go to since 2007. Yeah, I was accepted, and I have been awarded a graduate assistantship. BUT. It's just a lot of time. A lot. BUT. I want it. BUT, does God want it? But, I'm grateful for my run as a teacher. BUT. BUT. BUT...this will keep happening until I attend my first class. Then, the nerd in me will LURVE it.
- Never again, never. That's my mantra in the last month of teaching kindergarten. Yes, they are cute! So are pandas. Spending 10 hours a day (yes, ten, because we have an extended day program) in a room full of pandas, makes you a little panda saturated. I dream of large cocktails, adult conversations, and evening taking physiological psychology and statistics. STATISTICS. Yes. It will drive you there.
- Cute little mission church. My faith has been tested to the limits this year. Yet, I still believe in the grace and love of God, even when I cannot see, I still believe. I have started attending a cute little mission church instead of my home parish. It's a wonderful thing to be Catholic, and to get to worship at a grandiose cathedral, or a tiny, sweet mission. I love both experiences. Right now, thought, the little parish makes my life seem a little more manageable, a little less hectic. Okay, and it feels a little small-town Pollyanna.
- I've seen many things...I've been on many day trips throughout Arizona this year, and anytime there's a break at school, I pack up and see the world.
- Oh, yes, I have a pretty amazing boyfriend right now. WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED? Back off, Internet, (and all the old ladies at work). He's handsome, generous, Catholic, and he repairs my car brakes for free. Swoon. :)
- Spring is pretty.
- My nephew just turned 4. He is pretty stinking cute, and now even texts and calls by himself.
- Halloween is my goal. It's when I'll have everything settle after the big new year, new you switch up.
- I'm currently watching Eat, Pray, Love. There isn't a better movie to wake up to on Sunday morning.
Eat, pray, and love...xoxo!